BFG Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will also chime in since I have one of the BFG cards.

1. When I purchased mine it was within $10 of any decent brand 6800GT (eVGA etc.)

2. Lifetime warranty

3. 24/7 customer support.

4. OK, the stock OC means nothing (but is 20Mhz BTW). But, mine has OC'd great. I can hit 430/1200 on air. Meaning, they build with quality parts and are of good build.

Overall I would put them as one of the quality builders of nVidia gfx cards.

Let me add though. If the price difference is significant, you can not go wrong with a eVga or Leadtec.

yea it will cause you are taking a risk of messing up the chip or the board. the BFG cards i always saw where cheap junk compared to anythign else. My friend bought a BFG 5200ultra and his friend got a chaintek 5200. the chaintek was cheaper and is still running whereas the BFg isnt and they ran pretty much the same computer and never took it apart or OCd.

question 1: how much does the power supply matter in running a video card? i have a bfg 6200 oc that requires min 250w power supply and that's exactly how much my current power supply is in my computer. all of the games i play work fine, except for counterstrike and day of defeat. sometimes while i'm playing it would just freeze and then unfreeze after about 30+ seconds. then a few times it wouldn't unfreeze at all and the computer just restarts on its own.

question 2: how come the only nvidia driver version that works with my bfg card is the one that came with it? when i tried to update to the most current version (or any version for that matter) i would have trouble running videos (i.e. it wouldn't run at all and my computer would freeze up). but when i revert back to the version on the CD that came in the box, the video works fine.

p4 2.8ghz, 1gb, 80gb, bfg 6200 oc pci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom