overclocking video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
i want to overclock my radeon 9600XT, in my ATI settings under that overdrive setting, it says that its running at about 41C for the temp, and 526hz for the "Overdrive level". are these good stats? i've never really tried to overclock my video card, what is a good program? should i add a fan right under it to keep it running cool?

Overdrive is worthless, turn it off and save yourself from having to think about it.

Rage3D:
http://www.rage3d.com/index.php?node=r3dtweak

Power Strip:
http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

Both are good, although I've tried Rage3D, I ended up liking Power Strip better, but I got tired of it so I removed it from my computer, no need to overclock my card anyways, I saw hardly any increase so...

And Telemundo, please your card is at 41C... mine is at 69C right now, if you would prefer to add more cooling, go for it, but you're not going to need any extra cooling on that card.

alright, i downloaded powerstrip, what can i boost my Engine Clock speed and my Memory speed up to? also, how can you get an accurate display of your card's temperature? i was just using the overdrive one, but what do you use?

yea the overdrive uses the sensor on the card to tell the temp, so that's the best temp display to use. As for overclocking, doing it in increments is the best way to do it so you don't harm you card. Do each one like 10 mhz today, then tomorrow do another 10, etc... but if you really want to just push it and not do a burn in process, just push each one up 10mhz at a time (more or less) until you notice unstable patterns (ie. artifacts, frame rate loss) then once you hit the point of your card running unstable, lower the speeds till you find your max, then typically drop it down a few mhz to be on the safe side.

i advise u not to overclock the card.
Bcosz the card is already a overclock version from 9600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom