My Computer Has Serious Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber_noob

Beta member
Here is the story: Bought the computer christmas 2005 and eventually started to have problems. At first, the USB ports would not work, but after a few restarts they would magically work again. Second, sometimes when we shut down the computer it would say "windows is shutting down" and stay at that screen all night and we pull the plug the following morning. Same would happen when starting up, Windows would load, and right before the "welcome" screen would come up, the screen would stay black till it would eventually start (maybe 5 minutes) or never start (waited 3 hours then pulled the plug).

We resentally had to bring the computer to the repair shop couse turning off the comp at startup so much that windows could not read the hard drive, so they "ghosted the drive" and we got our stuff back. After a few days no USB ports NEVER work and i get the "unknown USB device detected" THOUGH THERE IS NO USB DEVICE HOOKED UP. The internet works for a few minutes every startup then it doesnt work till next startup.

Already tried reinstalling windows, no viruses, everything works fine exept problems already stated.

PLZ HELP!

i think it is infected, reinstalling windows on top of itself will not get rid of malware, you have to do a WAR, wipe and reload.

Backup your data files and settings first. Use the recovery CD's that came with you machine and follow the directions to FORMAT and re-install windows. This will wipe all data on the drive, and put a fresh copy of Windows on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom