Front Usb Ports Not Working On Sony Vaio Vgcrb44g Desktop Running Win Media Center...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerlyn02

Beta member
Both my MP3 player (toshiba gigabeat) and HP Photosmart rb817 digital camera will not work when connected to either of the two front USB ports on my sony vaio VGC-RB44G comp running windows xp media center. I have connected them to the ports in the back and they work fine and are detected by device manager. Whenever I connect any device to these front USB ports device manager does not detect anything ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB host controllers and usb hubs in device manager and tried the powering off and on of the devices in combination with restarting the computer and nothing is working...I read something about going into the BIOS setup to check the USB but I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for - When I went to the USB Configuration the three options there were all enabled... I don't want to reach all the way back around my comp to plug in these devices since I will be doing it alot and I can't seem to get the front USB ports to work....any suggestions? drivers I need to install? Or do I need to take it to a computer repair place to fix this problem?? HELP!!

Yea, that could be true - I guess I would have to take the comp apart/ open the cover or whatever to check this? I wouldn't really know how to do that though or really what to look 4 ... There is also a LINK s400 and some memory card slots on the same panel that the two front USBs are on - I guess I should see if these are working or not as well but I don't have any of those devices to plug in there

I opened up my comp and low and behold the usb cable inside was not connected to the motherboard! I plugged it in and now its working great! YAH! thx 4 every1's help - problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom