Help please: Pentium 4 vs. Pentium D

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesotereh

In Runtime
How much better is the Pentium D 940 3.2g versus the Pentium 4 3.2g Springdale?

I understand their specs on paper, but in performance how different are they?

If I were to use a multithreaded audio program for processing audio, using plugins, etc which is the better buy?

I have the Pent 4 now, and tweaked out for audio. It does a good job, extremely stable. But I need more...

for some idiotic, paranoid reason, i feel like my investment ($600+) in the D 940 will equal to or not better. I know it's inane, but thats why i ask

if your going to make that kind of investment.... there are much better choices out there... what's your system specs and what's your budget? you said audio? what else do you do with it?

A true dual core proc like the PD 940 will be an awful lot better at audio editing than your current P4 system. When you say $600 investment in the 940 what exactly are you referring to? If you're dropping that kind of cash I agree that there are better options, Core 2 Duo, for example.

I'm building this myself and checking the prices like on newegg, this pentium D 940 system seemed like the best deal to get dual core with 60nm technology without getting into the core 2 duo range. So I'm a little confused when you say there are better deals. Please suggest them!! :)

main parts include
940 cpu
p965 mobo
corsair value ram

the rest is little things like dvd writer, case, one hd, cause i already own a couple i can throw them in when i build this new system.

this is only for audio, nothing else. no gaming, no web surfing, word processing. strictly audio processing with a DAW.

my budget initally i wanted to remain like $500, but 600 is tops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom