Sata power options

Status
Not open for further replies.

drharv

Beta member
I just got in parts for a new pc, and it's been a few years since my last build. It's my first SATA hard drive and I have a question about the power. It has two power slots on the back, one that I have saw identified as SATA power and also a standard molex. I wasn't sure if I needed to hook up both or just one, so I went ahead and did both of them. Is this right?

ps. wasn't for sure if I should post here or in troubleshooting since there aren't actually any problems yet.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Let's just say I jumped the gun and hooked up both. Would there be a chance it would mess up the drive and cause random reboots while installing windows?

I have unhooked the one and the problem persists. I will try to find another hd to test and see if it is the culprit.

Thanks for the info!

reset your bio's to defaults and try again. Memory timing or your fsb could be rebooting you. Not sure how your bio's are setup tho so its hard to say. Go defaults on everything and check all your internal connections IE. power cables and ide/sata cables. Its usually the most simple things that cause problems lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom