Odd Excel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
starkmann: I added a column and it counts correctly, only now there are two columns of numbers, one right one wrong. But it IS an improvement. How can I make it not print the default numbers? They are in the far left column and can't be hidden or changed.

Trotter: Thanks, but I bet the HIPAA folks would frown on it. And if I changed the private data to send it, I would have to change it all back. And that would suck.

RyanS: We tried that, and it worked, except there are multiple sheets on the thing. Some with charts and they somehow all have to be connected. I haven't tried copying every single page and trying to save it that way.

haha, good luck dude.
Your best bet, make a custom button that does it for them. You can even place the printer icon on it.

I work in a hospital too, I'm used to protecting people from themselves.

Luckily the nurse that uses the thing most often is GORGEOUS!! Don't mind helping her as much as she wants. But, I showed her how to do it anyway and after hitting save it keeps it like that. But she'll screw it up sooner or later...

@superdave1984.

Quick question cos this has been annoying me now for days. You say that the spreadsheet updates on its own when you input data?
ie the other cells/sheets have links that update.
If this is the case you should see all the formula's in the cells that auto change.
Do you see these or not?

Honestly I haven't looked into how they all tie together. I just know they are supposed to because the graphs change when data is changed. But since we are working around it now I just want them to save the thing.

I do realise that you are working round the problem and to be honest the best way to do that would be to do group edit and copy the entire workbook over to new one ensuring that you copy the formulea also. My interest is in fixing the problem at hand and trying to understand what the **** is going on. When you go to the menu options ie file, edit, view etc. are there some that are "greyed" out? remember to check all the hidden ones if you are not showing complete menu's. Please tell me if no further assistance is required.
All the best Leady4

My wife mentioned something about where your A column might have gone. Someone may have pulled B column too far to the left, effectively hiding the A column.

Oh, darn, trotters wife could be right, I just played with it a bit. Here is a good way to check.
Ctrl + A
Format> Columns>Column Width
Type in 10
All the columns will be made a uniform width. This will mess up your other column widths but that is an easy fix. It should show you Column A if her idea is right. If not, just hit undo and everything will go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom