HTML Picture Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
is there an easy way to do this:

i want to have a thumb nail image, and then when you click that it opens the bigger image in a new window on a blank page.

do i have to put each big image on its own page and link the thumb nail to it or is there an easier way. thanks

Code:
[url="image.img"][img]image.img[/img][/url]

target="_blank" will open the link in a new window.

Use the "width" and "height" options to crop the image to a "thumbnail size".

Sure, this is the easy way to make a thumbnail and it does work, but it's not really the smart way.

Frontpage has a feature that automatically creates thumbnails to your specified size.

The method above will work but your page will load extremely slow due to file sizes and processing power to resize it and the image may look a little off depending on the browser.

I don't use frontpage but I use image editing software to batch convert all the images. I insert the thumbnail size and link it to the full size image. (the browser will open a new page when opening a photo alone)

Thanks alot guys im gonna try what each of you listed and see what works best.

**EDIT** What turtile said is exectly what i was trying to do, so thanks, when every i do web pages i always do every the complicated way and overlook the simple way lol.

I'm a cheap ******* so I just use paint to make my thumbnails. 10% or 5% of the original image size seems to be about right. It shrinks the file size appropriately too. Then I just link the thumbnail image to the full size image.
I never thought of the Target = blank thing, I'm gonna steal that.

yeah, i figured as much. I've seen it around, but it's not something i have used thus far. i never really "learned" html. It was more of just doing enough to get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom