Laptop doesn't boot at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

sick_unit

Baseband Member
I don't know how on earth the laptop stuffed up. One day it was perfect the next it wouldn't boot. Nothing at all shows up on the screen.

This is what I have gathered.
The laptop is fully charged and when I try and power it up the power light, wireless light, HDD light etc all flash for half a second. The fan also spins for half a second but this only occurs when the AC cable is plugged in.

But when I unplug the AC cable from the laptop the lights don't even flash at all - nothing happens. Ive also removed the battery and ran the laptop off the AC cable alone but the same happens with the fan and lights on for half a second.

Any ideas on how to solve it?
Something fried?

There is just one 512 stick. However I have switched the RAM in different slots and booting it but still no luck.

Well I have opened the laptop and wanted to remove the battery in order to reset the bios. But there was one problem. I couldn't bloody find the battery. What size battery do laptop's use? Is it the same as a PC?

Also is there any way I can flash the BIOS taking in account my problems (ie. laptop not booting all all)?

Thanks

sick_unit said:
Well I have opened the laptop and wanted to remove the battery in order to reset the bios. But there was one problem. I couldn't bloody find the battery. What size battery do laptop's use? Is it the same as a PC?

Also is there any way I can flash the BIOS taking in account my problems (ie. laptop not booting all all)?

Thanks
umm, PC's don't use batteries. the only thing closest to a battery they might use is a UPS.

and if you want to flash your BIOS, it must be able to actually work first. Most BIOS flash utilities are MS-DOS programs, and some can be used in Windows.

Anyway, I think the battery might not be connected properly. this is just guessing though.

He means the CMOS battery. PCs use a 2032 watch battery, and I honestly have no idea what laptops use. I know they have cmos batteries but I've got no idea what they look like in a laptop.

Notebooks seem to be being made now that have a replaceable cmos battery. I have noticed that in the last few years that the trend is for replaceable. Some they are in the top cover where the track pad is , some gateways like the solo , the are in another compartment under the li - ion battery. Try searching in google for your make + cmos battery replacement.

Guys I opened the laptop again and couldnt find the CMOS battery.

What else can I do to try and fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom