Project "Blue Wind Fury"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, nice build. I really like the case too, if it wasn't so expensive, I think I'd get one myself.

As for a name, Sapphire Storm?? I think Sapphires are blue anyways.

waytoosmall said:
Very similar build to mine, and yeah it should all work together. What PSU? As for the name, I call mine Lance Goodthrust due to his great 3dMark06 performance...... :)

Thats so touching :bald: you named it after me. lol

waytoosmall said:
Very similar build to mine, and yeah it should all work together. What PSU? As for the name, I call mine Lance Goodthrust due to his great 3dMark06 performance...... :)

pos internet did like a quad post thingy. lol

lance...stop wasting our time with your stupid quadruple posts please.

to xcoreRelentless:
I just wish that I could afford that build right now. I'm seriously jealous :D
As for parts and compatability...make sure you get a good PSU for the parts. The GPU is going to be power hungry but that's what you get for a sweet graphics card like that (I'd go for at least 600W and a reliable brand)
all the parts should work just fine to my knowledge. my only concern would be that the DDR2-1000 ram may not work w/ the mobo, though I really don't know much about either. Aside from that it is a solid build and I'm only saying this because I don't know much about the motherboard (meaning...I'm assuming it can handle DDR2-1000 but I'm just not possitive) so hopefully somebody else can help you.

Good luck on the build man.

Sorry it took so long to post back about this. So Ive decided to change the name to:

-Drumroll-

The Apex Theory (Code Blue)

hope everyone likes it cuz this names going to be sticking.

As far as a PSU probably going to be this: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply

So my buddies car crapped out and I helped him out with some cash atm so this build is a little bit on hold but ill keep updating it as time goes by.

Btw in the cut out side im thinking about removing the plastic, drawing up a logo, and having it sent out to either have it cut into the plastic or done on with some sort of vinyl or something. Was also thinking about having custom buttons made for the power and reset buttons since they are plain black and blend to much into the case (i think).

btw just caught the memory problem you were talking about. looks like the 680i only recognizes ddr2 800 so it looks like ill be upgrading haha unless someone can tell me something i dont know.

I'd call it "The Fuzz," but that's just me! I like it though. To tell you the truth, I'm just glad to see a lot of other people going with the C2D E6600 and the 8800 GTX, since I always thought I'd be a little behind the times without a quad core or extreme. I don't know the answers to your questions, though, but nice build regardless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom