plasma or LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
i want a new monitor for my computer plus im going to be using it as a tv aswell but its mainly going to be used with computer and when i get a nintendo wii im going to plug that up to it aswell my question is what should i get plasma or LCD pep say plasmas better for tv but lcd is beter for computer/console

LCD... from what I have read/talked to people about/heard the HD format and digital channals like LCD better than plasma for picture quality.

Plasma's bulb will blow after 30,000 hours of use or so.

Think how much we leave our monitor on and watch TV. It adds up.

Seriously go with the LCD there are to many horror stories with the plasma i mean why else are they cheaper.
Plus with the plasma all you will end doing is burn the picture into the screen from your desktop background etc, as they tend to burn still images after a period of time.

I say LCD as well. Plasmas are too expensive and according to popular science there will be laser televisions coming out offering even higher resolutions and visible colors.

**** no plasma sux. I've spoken with people high up in retail and management of sales for companies producing plasma.. they sell because people want to buy them. The plasma has a strong tendancy to attract dust which destroys the picture.

And yeah he's right, plasma TV's last for on average just over a third of what LCD's last for.. ouch. Also, my uncle a year ago bragged to me about his 42" or 47" plasma tv. 7 months later the entire thing was scrap. and his story is the common story.

So many Plasma TV owners fight the 'burn-in' syndrome. Colors displayed on teh tv for extended periods of time. For instance, watching a movie in widescreen... those two black bars on top and bottom stay black for hours.. and that's only for one movie.

Interestingly, the technology of the future will be far better than anything we have right now. The screen will actually be a thin film between 2 very tiny anti-reflective panes of glass using LED lite technology. The word Organic has come up numerous times.. There will be no tubes like in moniters today. The 'organic LED' will consume FAR less power by having the ability to limit light.. as opposed to having your entire screen lit 100%.

I don't know too much about it yet as it's new technology, but it's exciting. Supposedly after they come down in price they'll be less expensive than moniters today.

SHAWN said:

Plasma > LCD - picture quality

Not true.

LCD usually have more pixels per inch

The only advantage of Plasma over LCD that it has better contrast ratio.

in almost every conceivable aspect LCD screens are better than Plasma screens.

Interestingly, the technology of the future will be far better than anything we have right now. The screen will actually be a thin film between 2 very tiny anti-reflective panes of glass using LED lite technology. The word Organic has come up numerous times.. There will be no tubes like in moniters today. The 'organic LED' will consume FAR less power by having the ability to limit light.. as opposed to having your entire screen lit 100%.

actually i'm not a big fan of OLED screens, besides it seems we're heading towards laser screens (thank you Australia :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom