how could i save more money on this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ditch the raptors...if you want. You only get faster load times, and thats about it. The 8800GTX for $349.99 might of meant the GTS. And you don't need that power supply. It's too much power if you're not SLIing.

my bad the GTX is 589 miss typed it

and i had the rapter so i can have it for my OS system and the 250gb for my personal files

Well, you really don't need that expensive of a case. There are lots of cases in the 100-150 range that are still roomy and cooling efficient. Prolly could shave another 30-40 off RAM costs with a set of OCZ. And, as was mentioned, you do not need that big of a PSU.

Yeah, teh LCD could get cheaper too, but I assumed he wanted a 22" and nothing else in which case teh price tag will not vary a whole lot.

Hey get a 20.1 in monitor with same refresh rate for 100 less, save 70 by going with g skill. Save like 50ish going with a cheaper case. And yea everything else was mentioned but you could do this for like almost 250-300 less.

Go with the ASUS P5B-E or P5B Deluxe motherboard.

Go with any G.Skill 2 x 1GB DDR2-800 set, even the cheapest one.

Go with the Hiper 580W PSU.

Go with Dell's today-announced 22" LCD, same response time, $50 less.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-5205

Go with a less beefier case. A Thermaltake Tsunami perhaps, or a Cooler Master Centurion. My personal favorite is the Aspire X-Plorer for ~$60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom