RAM and Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I need to know if this RAM and motherboard are compatible with each other.

Motherboard -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131045
RAM -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145590

I know that they fit into each other (stuff like ddr2 800 and 240pin) but I mainly am worried because it says this under the features of the motherboard:

Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets

Now the RAM is 5-5-5, but how do I know if it is JDEC approved 1.8v operation? If you look at the RAM specifications it says voltage is 1.9. So does that mean I can not use that RAM. Someone please help me clear this up. I am spending a 1000 dollars on upgrading my system and I don't want anything getting fried and such. I need to know ASAP.

Thanks,
Ted

Actually this is a bit of a question mark, because the default ram voltage is 1.8. The voltage can be changed after you get into the bios, or if you can get into the bios. Someone said it would just refuse to post, but said nothing about how he got it working.

With that ram its probably a good chance it'll get to the bios screen so you can change the settings.

If you don't get the kind of DDR2-800 memory that is requested your board will refuse to post at 1.8V memory voltage. Your RAM should be 1.9-2.0V just like a lot of other DDR2-800 RAM. Consider the chance that you will have to go out and buy a cheap (256mb DDR2-533 or so) 1.8V memory stick so you can boot to BIOS, change the memory voltage to 2.0 and then reboot with your Corsair memory. Or it might just work.

If it doesn't work first though, nothing will get fried or anything right? Like does having a wrong voltage cause another part to break, or will the computer just not post? I just want to be sure.

Yes what? Something will get fried or won't? Can you be more specific I don't know what your saying yes to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom