Will the Iceberg power a Conroe???

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats very similar to my psu.. and it powered a 975x, x1950xtx, e6600, 1 dvd burner, 22 inch monitor, 2 mice, a keyboard, and an x-fi, along with 5 fans just fine

i have the same apevia psu, only not see through

54 amps is very nice.. but i dont think i need that many...

i think my psu is 42 amps.. and serves me just fine for what i do... i've been through 2 apevia psu's, one a 520 watt and the now 680 wth 0 problems so far

Course it does.
But don't buy that PSU.... Unless you enjoy the likely hood of problems. And guess who he'll be calling, you!

Well, I have 3 PSU's from that list.. (Rosewill, Powerman and Ultra(I think.. not 100% sure..) and honestly, none of them have given me any problems.. I don't think they are better quality than say the Antecs, but to avoid them, or say they are definately problems is another story =\

I agree partially. I never tell anyone they will 100% have problems with a given bad power supply. I only suggest that they are more likely to have problems with them than if they buy one off the reccomended list.

Thanks. I was like 99.99999999 percent sure it had the right connections, but its my first build for someone outside my family, and my first conroe build. So i wanted to be sure. And I told him all the reasons you guys mentioned up there beforehand, but he absolutely insisted, because he knows just enough about computers to be extremely over-confident. O well. But thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom