Mac OS on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it can be done. search for "pearpc" it is a powerpc emulator for windows pcs. it will show you how. you can even get it to use internet. but make sure you have a valid copy of OSX.

Yes you can. Mac and Linux can both be emulated from Windows XP. Or you can dual boot Windows and Linux, Mac would still have to be emulated. You may run into trouble running 3d apps on the "Mac" since you're using PC hardware I'm not sure how the driver situation would work out. That's just a thought, though, I've never tried it.

it's also perfectly legal to run Mac OS 7.x or earlier on a pc since they were released under the GNU as freeware by Apple. Newer versions are kind of a gray zone as I believe it violates the license agreement to run them on a pc.

Let me say this once and for all.

Mac OS 7.5.3 is NOT released under the GNU!

It has, however, been released as freeware by Apple. If you want a link, I'll give you one.

Running Mac OS X natively on a beige box, which I THINK you're asking advice about, is ILLEGAL, and discussion of HOW to do it will not be permitted here. However, if you want to do it via emulation, that's just fine.

what i dont understand is how apple can tell u that u cant install YOUR own leagel copy of OSX on YOUR leagal Windows PC

i had 10.4.1 and 10.4.3 running on my dell laptop a while back, and im thinking of trying out 10.4.8 or 10.4.9 as soon as i get my spare hdd back from seagate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom