Comment On Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i dont pay for overnight or something special then i can almost gaurentee that it will be there in three days. i ordered my mobo at 7:30 thursday night and it was at my doorstep by noon friday

OK I know I'm a little late on this one, but this topic sparked my interest. I am in the same budget range of about $1200-$1400.

The deal is I already have a WUXGA 1920x1200 24" LCD and was wondering if this build would play FEAR/Obivion/BF2/COH at that resolution.

I usually don't boost up AA/AF as I don't really see a diference and while settings don't have to be maxed out, some nice eye candy for the HD monitor would be nice. I guess I just was wondering if this build is ok to run these games at playable frame rate (I'll be fine with 50 FPS average). I figured I would have to upgrade to an 8800GTS, but would that be all? Thanks a lot!

God2Hub said:
OK I know I'm a little late on this one, but this topic sparked my interest. I am in the same budget range of about $1200-$1400.

The deal is I already have a WUXGA 1920x1200 24" LCD and was wondering if this build would play FEAR/Obivion/BF2/COH at that resolution.

I usually don't boost up AA/AF as I don't really see a diference and while settings don't have to be maxed out, some nice eye candy for the HD monitor would be nice. I guess I just was wondering if this build is ok to run these games at playable frame rate (I'll be fine with 50 FPS average). I figured I would have to upgrade to an 8800GTS, but would that be all? Thanks a lot!

Well it depends if the games themselves support that resolution...I dont believe BF2 does....as well check the specs on the video card to see if it supports that resolution..

Very true on the game end. Most of the games I play do support that resolution and the video card naturally supports it (I think it can "support" higher actually). I was wondering if I upgraded the graphics card to an 8800GTS and keeping similar components if I would obtain playable results at that resolution. Thanks.

highest i've seen a geforce or catalyst card do is 2550x1660 or something like that... i don't know exact numbers.. but something around there

but if you get a workstation card.... 3000x2000 kinda big!!! thats hugemungous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom