Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated on many sites i visit. This is true. It places a bit more strain on your GPU not CPU. That is why you SHOULD have a Vid Card with DX9 and 128MB of Memory. So that Aero will tax your GPU. If you dont meet the requirements you run Aero Basic. Which wont tax your GPU.

Plus when you run games and Apps that are not Aero Compliant it automaticaaly turns off and runs Aero Basic. So that you dont tax your system.

I'm an admin here in the UK and we have Vista on MSDNAA now but haven't made it available to students yet.The main problem is serials we have to give them out manually. Although its different for other countries I know america MSDNAA has Vista too contact your admins and they will let you know whats going on.

what students see on MSDNAA is different from admins we select what software the students can see just because vista isn't listed doesn't mean its not there :). Your admins probably just need to activate it or have not been given any serials yet.

UPDATE: well got an email today about MSDNAA Vista we will have serials for it in 30 days until then we can download them. Shame their website is full of rubbish i cant find them to download :). So we are waiting 30 days till we get some keys we do it via ELMS which is the direct download other places use different methods.

Also worth noting the only version we get is Vista Business edition 32bit so far maybe more as the year progresses.

Microsoft Virtual Labs has launched a Windows Vista Business Edition Test Drive website.

On it you can try some of the new features available in Vista Business in different scenarios without having to install the OS on your computer.

The website shows off features like Windows Meeting Space, Windows Sidebar, Internet Explorer 7, Windows Mail and Windows Sync Centre.

Each Feature has a demonstration video and interactive scenarios to try.

http://www.windowsvistatestdrive.com/

ya low function mode, it says this version is not genuine,just nagging u to validateor use different product key, 30 mins of limited use, its horrible all u can do is use internet explorer.......

I read some posts online that say if the Internet access is cut after activation then it goes into reduced functionality mode. Can anyone confirm this? also isn't RFM where just IE works for an hour and it nags you 24/7 to activate.

EDIT: I left a message in the vista forums and got a reply:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...3dc3-45fc-b79c-468430bdc07a&lang=en&cr=US&p=1

"Windows Vista does not require an internet connection, it'll run in normal mode without one, once activated."

When Microsoft introduces its long-awaited Windows Vista operating system this month, it will have an unlikely partner to thank for making its flagship product safe and secure for millions of computer users across the world: the National Security Agency.

For the first time, the giant software maker is acknowledging the help of the secretive agency, better known for eavesdropping on foreign officials and, more recently, U.S. citizens as part of the Bush administration's effort to combat terrorism. The agency said it has helped in the development of the security of Microsoft's new operating system -- the brains of a computer -- to protect it from worms, Trojan horses and other insidious computer attackers.

"Our intention is to help everyone with security," Tony W. Sager, the NSA's chief of vulnerability analysis and operations group, said yesterday.

The NSA's impact may be felt widely. Windows commands more than 90 percent of the worldwide market share in desktop operating systems,

The Redmond, Wash., software maker declined to be specific about the contributions the NSA made to secure the Windows operating system.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/08/AR2007010801352_2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom