8800gtx and gts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
fade2black2004 said:
the xbox 360 has an ati, ps3 has nvidia

and the new nvidia cards that sre going to come out after the r600 are going to be low end models, more affordable direct x 10 cards for people with lower budgets.
if you can wait, then wait for the r600 i think that it is going to be badass but maybe not but you will be glad that you waited just in case

Really? I don't think so. Check out this article:
http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=36106
"IF AMD manages to stick to its latest plan, it will launch ATI's R600 in February. The original postponed plan indicated that the chip would be launched in Q1 but we got a slightly more precise date.
ATI has been pushing hard for January but it seems it won't make it. Nvidia is also preparing the faster version of G80 for around Cebit time but this is nothing new, as Nvidia traditionally likes to spoil ATI's launches."

lol. Greenplantseed i have no problems with fanboys, you can support whatever you want, but chill out. just becasue something might be better than the g80, you have to go and rag on it. im not saying the r600 will win, but no one knows for sure.

Nos i'd still wait for the r600s. but as someone pointed out you'll most likely go through a few cards this year, so you might as well snag a g8800gts/x for now.

All I'm sayin' is that this whole forum has hyped the g80... and now that another card is coming out, there's been some bad press. All I hear is ATI this, ATI that... but still!

I have not seen one piece of information stating that the R600 is going to be coming out in the next month or 2, so where did any of you get the idea that r600 is on its' way out in the next 2 weeks.

Nosboost, it all depends on your patience if you can wait another month to 3 months then wait for the R600 but if not the GTS/GTX are very nice options. I would go with the GTX, i mean it's only 2 weeks of being poor, if you can think about waiting for R600 you can stand 2 weeks of being poor.

Someone answers this question: Why not just wait for a game that you know will absolutely NEED the card to run on MAX settings(lets say Crysis) at around the time the game is released? therefore, you will have a better card because Crysis is released in Q2(hopefully) and THEN you should choose. Right now there is no game that needs an 8800gtx to run it on max settings(unless you have a huge monitor). Just chill, man....wait till you really need it. I know it's hard because I am doing it too, but I really think it is gonna be worth it.

And to greenplantseed, Theinq.com is mostly just made up stories so that they can get $$$. They even Admit that some of it is fiction. Some sites like Dailytech take Theinqs storys, but theinq always makes the story first.

and greenplantseed... ati has used unified pixel shaders before nvidia... they started it with the x1900 series... so what makes you think ati is going to lose.. there's no real benchmarks yet, so don't jump the gun...

and i think i've decided on what i'm getting, i'm probably going with the gtx on friday, i found an open box xfx for 570 dollars after shipping and tax... so that'll save me 100 bucks, so i'll still have me some spending money until my next paycheck.... but even with all this, the 8800gts is still a consideration of mine...

and lancec2c30... ya, it probably is mostly for benchmarking.... and when the q6600 drops to its stated 500 dollars... i'll be buying that too..... lol

and to will hax 4 food..... i don't wanna stay waiting on this 6800gs... it doesnt get the job done at 1680x1050... my 22 inch hungers for more!!! lol

F.E.A.R extraction point at 1680x1050 with 4xAA 16xAF and soft shadows stuttered a bit at times on my ol' x1950xtx.. so i need beef

and lets add in that ati's picture quality is far betters than anything before the 8 series.. the x1950xtx's anisotropic filtering pwns the 7950gx2's... and thats a double card... the x1950 picture quality isnt even far off from the 8800gtx

well tomorrow i find out how much my check for friday will be... i wish myself luck to affording the gtx!!!!

my mom needs some money for the brakes on the car.. so hopefully i'll still have enough... if not, i may just end up with a gts.. anyway.. i wish myself luck

$360 for the eVGA 8800 GTS now with the mail in rebate!!!!!

newegg = )

I think im sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom