My New System! (Check it out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutwa, I really doubt you'd need a single 8800 to do what you're asking of it. CS is probably one of the least demanding games on the market right now, Even at that resolution. Also, I second this thread needs more locking, If not just deleting for god's sake.

M733mhz said:
Mutwa, I really doubt you'd need a single 8800 to do what you're asking of it. CS is probably one of the least demanding games on the market right now, Even at that resolution. Also, I second this thread needs more locking, If not just deleting for god's sake.

I see that you havent played CSS before :) --> NOT cs but css.

If you had, you'd understand that Counter Strike Source is one of most demading games out there today.. Until core 2 and the 8800gtx, there was no system that could run it @ high settings, and a decent resolution on a 40 person server. Hl2 I can run perfectly well with my 10 year old compaq yet css I'd get 20fps on lowest settings, with all degrading cvars used in my config. Now with my new system I can run 1280x960 / 40 person server / all high settings @ 150 fps. Thats not 2560x1600 though, which would be a little less than double the resolution. I'm gonna buy a 30" display, and to play it comfortably @ 2560x1600, I'll probably need another 8800gtx.

Mutwa said:
I see that you havent played CSS before :) --> NOT cs but css.

If you had, you'd understand that Counter Strike Source is one of most demading games out there today.. Until core 2 and the 8800gtx, there was no system that could run it @ high settings, and a decent resolution on a 40 person server. Hl2 I can run perfectly well with my 10 year old compaq yet css I'd get 20fps on lowest settings, with all degrading cvars used in my config. Now with my new system I can run 1280x960 / 40 person server / all high settings @ 200 fps. Thats not 2560x1600 though, which would be a little less than double the resolution.
I seriously hope your kidding or you just really dumb.

Heres the specs from ebgames:

Required
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Processor: Internet Connection
1.2 GHz Processor
Video Card: DirectX 7 level graphics card
RAM: 256MB RAM

Recommended
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
Processor: 2.4 GHz Processor
Internet Connection
Video Card: DirectX 9 level graphics card
RAM: 512MB RAM

Mutwa you need to read up more, I could play css at maxed settings x2aa on a 6600le. lol With my 7900gs at a res of 1280x1024 I have everything as high as it will go and I get about 77fps average.

Cdub89 said:
I seriously hope your kidding or you just really dumb.

Heres the specs from ebgames:

Required
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Processor: Internet Connection
1.2 GHz Processor
Video Card: DirectX 7 level graphics card
RAM: 256MB RAM

Recommended
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
Processor: 2.4 GHz Processor
Internet Connection
Video Card: DirectX 9 level graphics card
RAM: 512MB RAM

I not kidding, so I must be dumb eh?

I've only played this game since its been out, every single day...
I've only posted on Steampowered for 2 years..

You are calling me dumb, yet quoting the specs that come on the box...

Ralliiart - Not to be rude but the stress-test means next to nothing and in no way represents what your fps will be in game. I get 500 fps in the stresstest, which again means nothing.

For the record, I'm talking about stable fps, not looking at a wall in a 2 person server.

The reason I mention steampowered, is that you'll find that there's an unending supply of threads, which have the title "LAG."

lancec2c30 said:
Mutwa you need to read up more, I could play css at maxed settings x2aa on a 6600le. lol With my 7900gs at a res of 1280x1024 I have everything as high as it will go and I get about 77fps average.

Thats not bad, but how many people are in the server?

I play this game everyday, and also build multiplayer levels for this game. Trust me when I say I'm not talking out of my arse here. As updates to the game css have come and gone, the game has become a lot more demanding, as they've adding new features, as well as new content. A 20 person server is one thing, but when you start getting in the +40 person servers, it becomes way more demanding, rendering all the player models, textures, and reflections. Also the game demands a lot of processing power, which wasn't sufficent a year ago.

Try this-Cdub89

-40 person server
-All high settings, including AA, AF, and HDR.
-2560x1600 resolution

PLS post a screenshot of your 2.4g machine(Recomended Computer according to box) with the settings I said, getting atleast 60fps, and Ill eat my words with pleasure.

He's playing on 1280x1024, not 2560x1600. Almost none of us have that kind of monitor. With my setup, I have enough fps not to shutter a single bit no matter what at 1680x1050. Good enough for me.

I dont know but this guy got all butt hurt. Since i called him dumb hehe anyways sorry about that mutwa i see where your coming from but still who frigging plays on 2560x1600 res. not alot of ppl do and plus why would you play CSS on that kind of res anyways it only gets so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom