Computer Not Booting (Please Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomTomTuning

Hey Everyone,

I just recently picked up a ACER TRAVELMATE C300 Tablet PC.
When i got the computer from my co-worker it had Vista loaded on it. I formated the HD and installed Windows XP. I downloaded all the drivers from the ACER site, put them on a disk and installed them on the notebook.

Drivers and a Bios Flash update.

I ran all the drivers, and i did the Bios Flash update.
Computer Rebooted. and doesnt turn on any more

The Bluetooth light and one more turns on, and i can open the CD rom drive. so the system has power. but computer does not load.

I took the computer to a local Computer shop to get the CMOS reset, but he told me the motherboard has to be replaced. I dont believe he even opened up the computer. Yet along turn it on.

The comptuer is tricky to turn on. the power botton is on the side. and there are keys above the keyboard that looks like a power botton.

Any advice, comments, opinons...

The tech dude stated that the computer doesnt even turn on.
But when i had it, i got them lights and was able to open the drive. so thats why i think he doesnt even know how to turn the PC on.

Does any one have any advice on how to open this thing up to reset the cmos, to see if that solves my problem?

I dont want to fork out 400.00 bucks for a computer i just paid 400 for not even 36 hours ago.

GRRRR... NEVER DO BIOS FLASH unless you have to...

please help !!!!

read this,http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/jul98/073098.html

and BTW hes trying to rip u off, had a same situation with my friend bringing his pc to a shop and the guy told him to buy a new motherboard because there was no POST, but the problem was that it had a shitty CMOS battery that died. so i called the tech guy and told about the situation and made him look like a fool. so dont get easily tricked by those pricks because all they talk about is BS

sylwek said:
read this,http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/jul98/073098.html

and BTW hes trying to rip u off, had a same situation with my friend bringing his pc to a shop and the guy told him to buy a new motherboard because there was no POST, but the problem was that it had a shitty CMOS battery that died. so i called the tech guy and told about the situation and made him look like a fool. so dont get easily tricked by those pricks because all they talk about is BS
So i called the tech just now....

I asked him how was he powering up the PC
And i stated that the power botton is not on top of the keyboard.
Then he stated, that the power botton is on the side (which is correct)

But he still is saying that the computer is not powering up.
No lights Turn on.

But when i took the computer to him, i know for a fact that the lights were turning on, (computer has power)

Yea but it upsets me that now the PC isnt getting power.
i am going tomorrow to pick up the computer.

That was alot of great info on Bios....

Do you think since i already flashed it, if i reset the Cmos it still wont work, will i have to replace the Bios chip? (not sure of correct name) but id have to de-soldering, re-soldering. Or replace the MOBO.

GRRRR i dont know what to do.

TomTomTuning said:
Drivers and a Bios Flash update.

I ran all the drivers, and i did the Bios Flash update.
Computer Rebooted. and doesnt turn on any more

The Bluetooth light and one more turns on, and i can open the CD rom drive. so the system has power. but computer does not load.

Hold on! so the computer doesnt POST AND had difficulties turning on or it doesnt turn on at all?
this explains the Tech guy

if u get the computer running again then heres a better guide because i dont really feel like typing instructions:p
http://www.pcmech.com/show/bios/81/

well when i had the computer.. i had power...

(whene i hit the on botton, i got lights)
the HD did not do any thing, but i did have lights on idicating that i had power going to the system.

Now the tech says that he doesnt even get that (lights)
so he is telling me.. that its DEAD...

but thats so BS because I KNOW it had power...

Computer didnt post (after flash)
just blank screen... but power ligths

sylwek said:
were the fans spinning at least

I cant personally remamber, but i know the CD room Drive spun.
but i didnt hear the HD spin....

do you think i might need to replace the MOBO?
And any chance you know were to get ACER MOBO..

I have been searching but no luck yet.

THANKS, for all your help "sylwek"

ask the tech guy if he tried a different power supply, (probably did) just to be sure. but if nothing works then i guess u can buy another motherboard but if ur looking at the same model it will be difficult because the model might be outdated and not sold anymore. id go for ASUS or something and find one that can fit ur old parts in so u dont pay over $300 (thats unless u want 2)

sylwek said:
ask the tech guy if he tried a different power supply, (probably did) just to be sure. but if nothing works then i guess u can buy another motherboard but if ur looking at the same model it will be difficult because the model might be outdated and not sold anymore. id go for ASUS or something and find one that can fit ur old parts in so u dont pay over $300 (thats unless u want 2)

I could care less what MOBO i use, as long as it works with my Notebook, but if i have to i think i might just fork out the cash for the Acer MOBO... (which sucks)

Note to self.. DONT DO BIOS FLASH ON NOTEBOOKS..

i have done it before on my Desktop, i have a ASUS p4p800 deluxe.. ...

Any where in particular i can find notebook MOBO's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom