FiOS Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just go FiOS here about 4 months ago, I guess that we're a test area or something. My parents got it though, and I have to say that it's really nice. We never ever lose our connection (we used to occasionally with Cable), and it's pretty fast. I think a lot of it depends on the site though, like downloading from a normal site you won't get super fast speeds, but I notice that when I download from a company like microsoft, I get blazing fast download rates. Internet gaming is also great, no lag at all.

They don't have FiOS TV here yet because I think that there's a licensing issue or something going on, but we'll definitely get it when it comes here.

RicoDirenzo said:
Cable: 784 up 8000 down. Put that in your FIOS and smoke it!!

Sorry buddy but your comcast highspeed or whatever it may be is not the fastest stuff around. FIOS is supposed to be around 15mb down and somewhere between 9 and 10 up.

many majpor cities like ny, la, denver are already offering speeds at 50mb/10mb, dsl is dead however many development companies are putting fiber in new homes instead of elephone jacks, you can see fiber on the freeway its a big orange tube.

Wow, I figured many others would have FIOS. I've had FIOS (internet, TV, phone) for almost a year now. I have the 15Mbps/2Mbps. Actual speed is probably more like 11Mbps/1.7Mbps (per various speed tests). I have no complaints. I'm not having to use any download assistance tools like I did with my DSL service.

They offer two other plans: 5Mbps/2Mbps and 30Mbps/5Mbps.

wow i feel stuck in the past. they just brought dsl out here and i got it last week. 1.5 down and 512 up. and now dsl is dea? i guess i never will get uber internet until i leave this town.

Yay for FiOS... but it's not worth it? 50 bucks.. sure your dl's will b fast but you're still limited to your host's upload. I have 29 dollar cable 4.5 / 750.... i ping bout 15-45(worst) across usa. my downloads are usually lightning fast.

lancec2c30 said:
Sorry buddy but your comcast highspeed or whatever it may be is not the fastest stuff around. FIOS is supposed to be around 15mb down and somewhere between 9 and 10 up.

Agreed. Fios pwns Comcast.

Verizon's packages are 5m/2m, 15m/2m, and 30m/5m. Priced at $40, $50, and $180 respectively.

I have verizon fios, 5m/2m, and its fast. We upgraded from Comcast with 4m/384k? its noticeable, plus my ping in games in a decent server rarely goes into the double digits.

Basically, its good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom