So I just built my computer and now the fan is screwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwudeath

Beta member
I started out with an old emachines and continually upgrade it. Recently I installed a new graphics card (6800XT) and a 60$ Zalman Cooler. Everything worked fine but recently I notice whenever I boot up my system one of the fans (either the 6800s or the Zalman) makes a very strange sound like RrrgrRRRrrRRRrrrrr and then stops after about 15 seconds, and sounds normal again. I checked everest, it still says my fan is running 2700 RPM. Is this something to worry about?

Also, so I don't have to make a new topic, I am a bit dissapointed. Zalman fans are supposed to be super-terrific. However, I've had a few problems with mine (it wouldn't fit over the processor, so I had to "improvise", and by "Improvise" I mean attaching the fan to the back vent through use of rope). I've got it running and all, but my temperatures are

CPU - 44C Idle, 62C Load
GPU - 60C Idle, 65-66C Load
With all my other temperatures ranging in the mid 40's

I would ask if these were normal temperatures, but I would expect the answer to be no. And as such, I was wondering what is causing my high temperatures. Is it that I have a bad case? I just use the standard one the computer came with, it has air slots on the side and a vent on the back but that's it. Or is it because I have my Zalman fan mounted weird? It's going at 2700 RPM but it might not be doing much.

Sorry for the long topic, thanks for any answers.

my old AMD had a me$$ed up CPU fan as well and made weird sounds as well so cleaned her out nicely and lubed her and it worked like new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom