PCI SATA card, wont boot when drives are connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So, you may of read my last post. I got the computer booting from a 6gig partition on a 40gig 7200rpm drive just fine.

I have 3x 160gig SATA, 2 are SATA2's that are hooked up to a PCI SATA card. I've installed the drivers for it and everything.

I'm not trying to boot from any of the SATA hard drives or anything.

For some reason, when the hard drives are plugged into the PCI SATA card, the computer posts, but for some reason it won't load windows from the 40gig.

But when i dissconnect the hard drives from it, it boots into windows from the 40gig just fine.

I don't think it's trying to boot from one of the hard drives, because the screen just goes black, with no indication that it's trying to boot from them. Although when it boots it does show the mobo recognizes that they're there.

So far I've connected two of them to the PCI card, and it recognizes them, and one is "0" and the other is "1". When I go into bios, i make sure that it's set to boot from 2 or 3, but still, it won't boot when they're plugged in, any ideas on why?

did you check your boot order? if you have one of those satas that are connected to the sata card as your first boot drive then that would be your problem.

are there any drivers to install ? you know when you install xp in the first 10 seconds it says press F6 if you have any drivers to install ? I think you can install drivers after the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom