USB 2.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns90

Solid State Member
Good day to ya'll. I will admit that I know just enough about the operations of a computer to really screw thiings up. Sorry, but I really am trying to learn this stuff.

I have recently been connecting an MP3 player to my computer. It's working fine, but each time I plug it in (regardlers of which USB port I use) I get a pop-up window that says something to the effect of "This device can operate at much faster speeds if you made use of a USB 2.0 High Speed Connector. Click here to find out how to improve your performance." When I click on it, I get a window that states no USB 2.0 host controller is connected.

This is a new computer with an ASUS A8N-E motherboard that supports ten USB 2.0 ports. I checked the BIOS and all of the settings are as directed by the user's guide, What am I not understanding here? Are not all USB 2.0 ports 'High-Speed'? Please advise. Thanks.

Well,probably you have to install the USB2 controller driver.You can find it in the motherboard's CD.

johnyB_24, I had it installed, but I guess it wasn't a clean install. I reinstalled it and everything is fine now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom