e6600 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurdaX

In Runtime
I have a question can you Over Clock the E6600 using the original heat sink and fan that come with the processor and is it wise to do so. Or do you have to purchase a different cooling deivce to do so, please and thank you in advance.

i split this from the processors sticky because it doesn't directly pertain to the thread....

yes you can overclock the e6600 with the stock heatsink fan. you should be able to get a reasonable overclock without upgrading. however i suggest upgrading the cooler as the cooler an overclocked processor is, the longer it's lifespan.

I've gotten mine up to 3.1 ghz with the stock cooler, but it was only to run super pi. I wouldn't really recommend using the stock cooler if you plan on overclocking. It's not the greatest.

Yea you can overclock on the stock HS/f. However just watch the temperatures and don't go too too high.

Just try to keep load temps below 60*c (don't go over 70*c if you get pushy :p). Thats all you need to worry about, but i bet you will be getting a after hsf later. Overclocking can get addicting and that extra degree cooler can make you go crazy ("COME ON...1 more degree and i should be able to run 4ghz in superpi without melting my chip" :p). And remember to get some as5 even with the stock cooler, it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom