8800gtx and gts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
alright... so friday is coming up... the day i buy my gtx.... but 1 thing.... i don't wanna blow all of my money on 1 thing and end up broke for 2 weeks.. (unless h&r block accepts me and i get my tax return early)

anyway.... should i buy a gtx and possibly stay broke???

or should i get a gts.... then next paycheck get the 680i and another gts.... its a puzzling dilemma and i don't really know what i should do...

all i know is.. either way, i'm going to have a g80 running in my comp.....

the thing with the gtx... because i don't wanna be broke for 2 weeks... i was thinking of just buying a new case to fit them in... and then the next check that rolls around I buy the gtx....

so which do you think i should do, which would be the better move for me in the long run???

I just got a gts and I love it. I would have gone with a gtx but couldn't get myself to blow $600 on a video card. At least not right now, since i work in landscaping and its off season so not a lot of work. I know I will get an r600 by the summer though and put the gts in a lan build.

But the r600 is a couple of weeks away. Can you wait for it? I think its supposed to be the same price as the gtx.

i totally forgot about that.. i may have no choice but to wait for it... i would hate to get a gtx and end up slaughtered by an r600....

and i am an ati fan.....

so i may end up buying my cm stacker so i can fit all these beasts in.... but i have until friday... you never know

anyway..... i'd like some more opinions before i do anything.. it would be much appreciated...

people with gts' and gtx's lemme know how they work, what kinda 3dmarks your getting and all that

you know by the time the r600 comes out the 8900's wont be far away. So you can never stay on top just pick a time to build and be happy. I would wait for either r600 or 8900s personally.

Yeah, I really didn't think they'd come out this fast. The feedback I've been reading say's it blow's away a 8800.... Ugh. I ordered 2 8800's last week... An before they even reach my door step they are out of date an suck in term's of the best. :(

Anyone wanna buy two brand new never opened 8800 GTX's let me know.

Two R600's sound way better! But ouch 250 Watt's each!
I just bought a new 700 Watt PSU too.. GRRR! I think I may need a bigger one. :p

R600 or 8800GTX... Hmmm lemme see... In 6-10 months when the next batch of crap comes out they will both suck "In terms of the best!"

THAT'S HOW IT ALWAYS IS!!!!!!!!

and Nos... your going to go thru AT LEAST 4 cards this year alone, so what's the worry... aftert you blow the 8800 away it'll be the R600, after that, the 8whatever card... and so on, and so on... :D

Just my 2.5 cents for the masses

Nukem said:
R600 or 8800GTX... Hmmm lemme see... In 6-10 months when the next batch of crap comes out they will both suck "In terms of the best!"

THAT'S HOW IT ALWAYS IS!!!!!!!!

and Nos... your going to go thru AT LEAST 4 cards this year alone, so what's the worry... aftert you blow the 8800 away it'll be the R600, after that, the 8whatever card... and so on, and so on... :D

Just my 2.5 cents for the masses

LOL..... ya, this is true, i discussed this with my friend... i still may consider the gtx this friday... i probably will end up throwing it away for the R600+ later on down the line with the gig of memory and gddr4 in march.... LOL

I would wait for R600 since its only a few weeks. Yeah its true new stuff comes out all the time but 2 weeks is nothing.
Plus Nvidia may lower the prices of their cards to try and spoil the ati launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom