computer case with power supply ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I've been hearing that its bad to buy a case that comes with a power supply and was wondering why?

I'm no PC builder, but I would imagine the reason has to do with the quality of said power supplies; distributors may tend to bundle cheap components with cases to get you to buy the case, and trusting a cheap power supply could be detrimental to your computer.

Most of them are complete garbage while some are ok. Most of the time you shouldn't even try using the bundled PSU they are so bad.

ok thanx for your help guys. I just wondered if i should replace my raidmax ninjas power supply but i had that case/ power supply for about 1 year. I think i will though. Just incase.

There's no problem in buying a case that comes with a powersupply, as most cheaper cases come with one. However, take the powersupply that comes with it and think of a clever way to dispose of it. Use a quality powersupply like an Antec, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Hiper, PCP&C...just to name a few.

The problem is, if you buy a 30$ case that comes with a powersupply, it's going to be of very low quality. All the internals will be budget parts, maybe poorly manufactured, low amperages...etc.

Some case makers put antec and other good supplys in there cases you just need to look that.

As stated above, try to stay away from bundled power supplies, because if something goes wrong, the psu likes to take the motherboard down with it. Also, I always hold my breath when i boot a "pretty" psu for the first time. (pretty meaning its covered in LED's). Because manufacturers will sometimes make their products shiny because humans like shiny things, and might not pay as much attention to the specs. Maybe im just weird. But Ive had very few problems with the Apevia Icebergs. But Antec's pretty much the way to go.

suicide007 said:
As stated above, try to stay away from bundled power supplies, because if something goes wrong, the psu likes to take the motherboard down with it. Also, I always hold my breath when i boot a "pretty" psu for the first time. (pretty meaning its covered in LED's). Because manufacturers will sometimes make their products shiny because humans like shiny things, and might not pay as much attention to the specs. Maybe im just weird. But Ive had very few problems with the Apevia Icebergs. But Antec's pretty much the way to go.

It's a shame too. :(

I think ULTRA is the only people that make a really awesome looking PSU and still have a bit of quality, but even then I've heard a lot of problems.

CrazeD said:
I think ULTRA is the only people that make a really awesome looking PSU and still have a bit of quality, but even then I've heard a lot of problems.

I use an Ultra case and Ultra PSU, and I have no problems at all, its been flawless. The bundle was not cheap at all either!

I recommend them both. (now waiting to see if I get flamed for this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom