RAM Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well that is the second time DELL has screwed me over... Should I just buy a diffrent motherbord 2 put in?? And if so What will fit in it? If I have to I suppose I could buy a new case. And can I just scrap the Dell for parts then to fit on my new motherbord? I will nvr buy a dell again -_-

O, I just read the rest of the posts... I still might b intrested in doing above. And can you explain to me exactually what RAM does? And What is duel channeling or w/e? I will probably have more stupid questions later.... Ha I already have one! How do you have a duel video cards?

If you have a budget we can work on a new system for you. That dell doesnt even have an agp slot (advanced Graphics card slot), which is now, already, an outdated slot...would be wise to build a new system yourself if u can afford it....

google "ram" to see what it does.

Yeah I think my head would explode if I tried to explain ram and dual channel lol :)

You might just consider buying a new system if you've got the cash. What are your needs? If you play games I think you'll really want a new pc since you don't even have agp (much less pci express).
Your Dell case might not support a regular ATX style motherboard since their mobos are usually proprietary. Same with their psu's, much of the time they're prop. too.

Yea well right now I have a strict budget of about $150... I know what that will by me... (not much). What I mostly want out of my computer is to play Americas Army, Run XFire (Gaming MSN), Teamspeak (voice software) and Host a Teamspeak server all at one time. I also do a lot of photoshop things and it run really slow with itunes and Firefox open. That pretty much all I do with my computer. I would like them to run as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom