19" Crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
ricanflow said:
Honestly, 19" widescreens are dirt cheap now, and with a nice card like the one you have it would be a shame to waste it on an old technology like crt. Once you go dvi, you never go back. I love playing cod2 on my lcd, the colors and textures are so vivid and rich, i would never go back to crt.

I agree with that, I just got a 19" fullscreen LCD and even though it's only got VGA output, it's great :)

joshd said:
you can see ghosting at 6ms?!? :rolleyes: hmmm

I cant see ghosting at 16ms... and the majority of people dont see any at 8ms... you must have very good eyes. :)

(or maybe there is a problem with the monitor)

What does the 8MS, 6MS, 16MS mean? The response time i mean...what does that all mean? Mine is 8MS, is that good?

talldude123 said:
What does the 8MS, 6MS, 16MS mean? The response time i mean...what does that all mean? Mine is 8MS, is that good?
I hope your being sarcastic. Mr Almost 7K Posts.
:p
I believe it is how long it takes the Pixels to arranage themselves from the time the LCD Gets the signal from the Video card.. :D

Meh, I wasn't even close.

Wiki Qoute.
"Response time is the amount of time a pixel in an LCD monitor takes to go from active (black) to inactive (white) and back to active (black) again. It is measured in milliseconds (ms). Lower numbers mean faster transitions and therefore fewer visible image artifacts."

actually most manufacturers fudge the specifications by listing grey-to-grey response time. anyway personally i am a staunch supporter of CRTs. people need to get over themselves. i have a superb Trinitron based monitor, the picture is better than any LCD i have ever seen, i picked this up for $15 AU in perfect condition. i have friends constantly trying to convince me to buy an LCD screen. can anybody tell me the advantage in "upgrading" to a monitor with inferior picture quality and spending a few hundred dollars on it? i paid $15, i'm not downgrading for a few hundred dollars.

Trinitron>LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom