Finally built! (and have tested CPU temp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan III

Baseband Member
Ok, for the past month I have been asking questions about various parts and components for my first time building a computer, and after getting a lot of help from you guys I have finally built my system. My final build has changed quite a bit in some areas from previous setups i had posted.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2.0GHz 65w version(ado) socket AM2
Cooling: ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE64 92mm CPU Cooler w/AS5 thermal grease. 3x 120mm Fans for case
Motherboard: ECS NFORCE4M-A (V3.0) Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 4X
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce eVGA 7600GT 256mb
Sound Card: onboard sound
RAM: 2x512mb A-DATA DDR2-800 PC2-6400
Hard Drive: 200gb Western Digital 7200rpm IDE drive(stripped from previous system)
Optical Drives: I am too lazy to list them but they are decent
Power Supply: Rosewill RD450-2-DB ATX V2.2 450W
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Case: Rosewill R604-P SL 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Been a week since I built it and I decided to test my cpu temperatures(i tested the idle and have looked at the temp while playing fear but never tested full load till now)

Now I don't know if this was a bad idea or not so someone please tell me if it was... I turned on 2 clients of "stresscpu" because I guessed that the program would use up my entire cpu and having 2 of the programs running would use both cores at the same time, and I was right.

My system idled at about 28-29 degrees before i did this test, but a few minutes after I finished the test and let the computer rest i tested again and it idled at a new 26 degrees. I am guessing that having the cpu so hot during the test helped the grease finish burning in and thats why it runs cooler now.

The system ran at full load at about 40 degrees and peaked at 42 degrees a few times.

Pics coming soon....

Is extremely fast and runs F.E.A.R. just great! Thanks for all the help you guys have given, and hope you enjoy 2007! I know I will!

I don't know, when doing a stress test on seperate cores there is a trick to it. Well with prime 95 there is anyway. I am sure somebody knows the link to the guy who did the great explaination on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom