My New System! (Check it out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RalliArt882 said:
Nosbusch, we don't criticize people who buy 8800s because even though there are no DX10 games out now, there are clear benefits to them. One 8800GTX can often beat to x1950s in crossifre, or 2 7900GTXs in SLI. Why wouldn't you buy a single card that beats two cards?

You will not see a performance increase going to 8GB of RAM, especially if it's pc5300. I bet I can open up programs just as fast if not faster with 2GB of DDR2 800.

And no, alot of us have alot more money where our 1-3 grand rigs came from. We just prefer to wait a little while so we can upgrade and not have to fork 10 grand a year to stay on top with new rigs.

Anyone who builds a rig with server processors and 8 GB of RAM that is slow anyway won't be getting alot of compliments around here. People get compliments because they deserve them, and basically earned them because they made wise buying decisions.

I totally agree and understand. I was trying to make the point that there was no reason flame him and call him "an idiot with to much money" Things like that just frustrate me. :)

Snake-Eyes said:
Actually, there is a such thing as TOO MUCH. Windows XP can only support 4GB, therefor, you have TOO MUCH RAM. Your logic is kaput. Not to mention the fact that you are extremely full of yourself in thinking "Oh, i spent $10,000 on my computer, so it is immediately better than yours."
He didn't say he was using XP, he said he was using Vista which supports over 8 gigs...

to OP, I don't believe you have this PC simply because you are not posting pics, but if you really do then you are totally set for the next few years to play any games and use any programs you want!

This is one of those pc's that is beyond dreaming of. lol Ya you say man if I had 2k I could build the ultimate c2d with a dx10 and be set. But this is like o ya I hear the medical instatute is using it for analysis of such and such disease.

I will be one of the few to congradulate you on having the most horsepower on the forums.

But I were you I would have went 1 quad core and then do SLI 8800gtx's get phase change cooling and make a oc'ing beast.

Could you please do one thing. Download superpi and run a 1M test and tell me the score you get. :D

lancec2c30 said:
Could you please do one thing. Download superpi and run a 1M test and tell me the score you get. :D

WORD.
^^^^i need to know this too.^^^^
as far as overkill, eh, well for me maybe yes. but you're right you climbed your "arse" out of bed and made your money, so i don't really give a f--- how you spend it. i wouldn't want you telling me how to spend mine.
as long as you are not like, murdering babies or old grammas with your money, might i add.

What the **** is PCI-X and IPMI slots? On a side note, heres an article talking about the performance loss when going over 2 gigs of ram, very detailed article.

Since that Mobo has SCSI support I would have gotten cheetahs in raid. Those would be so fast it would make your head spin. I've never seen anyone raid those before and I'd like to.

Edit: sorry forgot the link

http://techgage.com/article/4gb_trials_and_tribulations/1

Jumping_Bean514 said:
What the **** is PCI-X and IPMI slots? On a side note, heres an article talking about the performance loss when going over 2 gigs of ram, very detailed article.

Since that Mobo has SCSI support I would have gotten cheetahs in raid. Those would be so fast it would make your head spin. I've never seen anyone raid those before and I'd like to.
no link...

M733mhz said:
That basically looks like you went on newegg and just clicked on everything that was the most expensive. That power supply, is just so far beyond what you need it's ridiculous. You'll never need that amount of storage on a gaming computer. You could have gotten one hard drive for windows and one 500GB for storage and been fine on that. Also I'd love to know why you think you'll need 8GB of ram. You MIGHT need that if you're running a server. You could have gotten a 2GB set of nice DDR2 for far cheaper than what you spent. Why do you want recognition for spending a ton of money on a computer? You could have spend 1,500 and made an awesome system if you know how to pick parts. Buy what you need, not what you have money for. I wouldn't be so hard on this if it looked like you knew what you were doing and bought parts that made sense. That all just looks like the priciest crap you could find. Most games out right now won't even take advantage of a dual core, let alone two of them. So unless you have a monitor wall setup with video encoding going on while running photoshop, playing Oblivion and listening to Itunes, No I don't see a point in your system configuration, nor do I find it impressive. Also why would you want to SLI the 8800? From my understanding that doesn't really help in real life gaming, Not to mention that ONE 8800 is far more than enough to run anything on the market right now. I'm sorry I just don't see the point in that build, However, I'm not gonna say it's stupid or call you dumb, It's your money and how you want to spend it. Just my two cents on the matter.
You jealous? Big deal its his money and what he wants to do with it is his business so what if he builds a 3grand computer thats what he wanted and thats what he got. I think the build is insane and awesome.

lol....this guy could use some sense in pc's before bragging about an imaginary machine thats actually EXTREMELY inefficient and could be beat out by a pc of 2/3 its price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom