Floppy to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjtn

Beta member
I have a set of 5 floppy disc that has software on it. It's something my boss uses for the company. I have no idea why they are still using but he says they do. We are currently upgrading the PC's and most of the new PC's won't come with a floppy drive.

What I want to know is, is there any way I can copy the setup files from the 5 disk and put it onto a cd?

I already tried copying all the files and putting it on my hard drive and running it, as well as burning the files alone onto a cd, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

well one way would be to buy an external floppy drive (USB) there pretty cheap and often used for laptops, also what is the software on the disks, if it is run before the operating system runs they cuold be bootable disks, exlplain what the files are and how you copied them

yea an external floppy was an option. Just trying to see whats out there. I don't think its a bootable disk. It's something we install after windows has loaded.

The files are setup files for a program the company uses.I copied the files just by copying and pasting.

Figured it out.

What I did was copy all the files from each disk and put it in a folder on my hard drive somewhere which is what i did before. The problem was that I needed to edit the setup.inf file since it was directing setup to the wrong directory.

Kinda puzzled me why I couldn't read the .IN_ file, I had to decompress it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom