Profanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had an idea...

Can you make the bad word users only be able to post *'s?

Like for example:

If someone gets warned and they still don't listen to Dmo, can you make it so when they post something anywhere, everyone can only see *'s?

I think that would be soooooper funny!

plus it would give you good pwnage points. ++

I like that idea, kinda' like the ol' troll ban. I don't think it can be done with this version of vB. So for now, we ban 'em and they can't even put in the asterisks.

Dave :D

You should change it so instead of "*" it's "
banana.gif
"

Lol, HOLY
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
!!!

Or even random symbols are better than ****. So lame.

I used to edit my posts with them when I wanted to swear.

nitestick said:
i also wish the words for the opposite of heaven and the word meaning to condemn to the place opposite of heaven could be removed as they are not terribly profane in my opinion, but that is only my opinion and it is not my position to decide.

I have to say I agree, I can't see that anyone would be offended by the occasional "to condemn to the place opposite of heaven" or "the opposite of heaven" being used in moderation.

But hey it thats the rules then fine.

"to condemn to the place opposite of heaven"
That would be the full strength version of 'darn'.

The reason the words discussed are part of the larger list is that each person defines "moderation" differently. And then there are those who believe that moderation is something that other people should observe... but not them.

Unfortunately, due to the continued use of profanity by some, but not all, of the membership, the zero-tolerance policy has been adopted. And while not every post can be read and dealt with, those who break this rule over and over again can be, and have been, banned fropm TF.

Trotter you have a typo ;)
I think the rule is a good one , it only starts flaming in the long run anyway.

Make it to where the censored word is not only in asterisks, but also colored in red. Just as a somewhat stronger reminder that you're screwing up.

Just a suggestion. Shouldn't be that hard, just a little html.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom