Not open for further replies.

Wrath_jumper

Beta member
My New 8 Core System! (Check it out!)

Case: CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Black Aluminum

PSU: 1100W Tagan Quad SLi V2

Motherboard: Supermicro X7DA8 i5000x

Processor(s): 2x Intel Xeon X5355 Quad Core Extreme @ 2.66GHz

Memory: 8GB Corsair DDR2 PC5300 (4x 2GB Modules)

Hard Disk(s): 4x 500GB Seagate Barracuda [RAID 0] [2TB] :D

Graphics: 768Mb XFX 8800GTX Extreme XXX

Optical Drive(s): Panasonic Blu-ray R/RW & Panasonic DVD-RW/R DL

Cooling: Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed

O/S: Windows Vista Ultimate (RC2)

I spent a lot of money on this system, and am hoping I get a lot of recognition for it. It is lightning fast and is the first 8 core gaming rig I have seen on the net. Please feel free to review my system, I am a little disappointed that it doesn't have SLi Graphics capability, but the Processing Power and large RAM makes up for it. Let me know what you think!!!

Any help on overclocking this beast? I am not sure about overclocking Xeon's, althought the ones I have got are built on the same Core technology as the latest Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors. Hopefully someone will know more about the overclocking capabilities of the rig, I no idea on how fast this puppy could go.

:D :D :D :D

That basically looks like you went on newegg and just clicked on everything that was the most expensive. That power supply, is just so far beyond what you need it's ridiculous. You'll never need that amount of storage on a gaming computer. You could have gotten one hard drive for windows and one 500GB for storage and been fine on that. Also I'd love to know why you think you'll need 8GB of ram. You MIGHT need that if you're running a server. You could have gotten a 2GB set of nice DDR2 for far cheaper than what you spent. Why do you want recognition for spending a ton of money on a computer? You could have spend 1,500 and made an awesome system if you know how to pick parts. Buy what you need, not what you have money for. I wouldn't be so hard on this if it looked like you knew what you were doing and bought parts that made sense. That all just looks like the priciest crap you could find. Most games out right now won't even take advantage of a dual core, let alone two of them. So unless you have a monitor wall setup with video encoding going on while running photoshop, playing Oblivion and listening to Itunes, No I don't see a point in your system configuration, nor do I find it impressive. Also why would you want to SLI the 8800? From my understanding that doesn't really help in real life gaming, Not to mention that ONE 8800 is far more than enough to run anything on the market right now. I'm sorry I just don't see the point in that build, However, I'm not gonna say it's stupid or call you dumb, It's your money and how you want to spend it. Just my two cents on the matter.

M733mhz said:
That basically looks like you went on newegg and just clicked on everything that was the most expensive. That power supply, is just so far beyond what you need it's ridiculous. You'll never need that amount of storage on a gaming computer. You could have gotten one hard drive for windows and one 500GB for storage and been fine on that. Also I'd love to know why you think you'll need 8GB of ram. You MIGHT need that if you're running a server. You could have gotten a 2GB set of nice DDR2 for far cheaper than what you spent. Why do you want recognition for spending a ton of money on a computer? You could have spend 1,500 and made an awesome system if you know how to pick parts. Buy what you need, not what you have money for. I wouldn't be so hard on this if it looked like you knew what you were doing and bought parts that made sense. That all just looks like the priciest crap you could find. Most games out right now won't even take advantage of a dual core, let alone two of them. So unless you have a monitor wall setup with video encoding going on while running photoshop, playing Oblivion and listening to Itunes, No I don't see a point in your system configuration, nor do I find it impressive. Also why would you want to SLI the 8800? From my understanding that doesn't really help in real life gaming, Not to mention that ONE 8800 is far more than enough to run anything on the market right now. I'm sorry I just don't see the point in that build, However, I'm not gonna say it's stupid or call you dumb, It's your money and how you want to spend it. Just my two cents on the matter.

all truth^^^
i agree

but

if you have the money why not get 8 gigs of ram!!!lol
its overkill but hey...whatever floats your boat....id gladly trade my rig for that rig anyday....and you know you would too...

I'd have more respect for someone who made a system with a LITTLE money as possible... Looks nice on paper, but let's see some pics of the system if your serious.

ya^^
pics would be nice....
and yea the real challenge is to make the best system possible with the lowest amount of money....not the most expensive

Haha, Yeah after looking at that I think it's probably a joke. 8 GB of RAM says the man with one post.

Wow, some interest. Shame I get cussed for it, and Yes I do have a little money. The reason for going for such an expensive rig is because I don't want it to be immediately out of date in the next 6 months. I would rather it last a me for a bloody long time than having to update every year! If you look at it I have spent the same amount as someone would updating over the next few years. So don't lecture me. As for the photo, I had to dig out my camera. To prove its my rig I have taken out one of the Xeon Processors to show you it has Two Quad Core CPU's not Two Dual Core CPU's. So, it has 8 Cores. I have attached the .JPG file. Please have a look. I am sure you will be interested.

Attachments

• jpg_08_01_07.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 177
If you had spent 800 Pounds on a pc. you would be able to play every game out. There is no need to get 8GB of Ram no games even have a RECOMENDED of 2GB yet, so even 4GB is a tad insane. But 8GB is just useless id like to see a pic of more than 60percent of the ram been used.

There was no need for this build its just sad. If you have that kind of money why not get an excellent pc for 800-1000 pounds and give some to charity.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom