Modding my new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexaroni

Daemon Poster
I recently took the move to a more reliable case, my last one looked nice, but was not very well constructed.

I got a Compaq Presario 5000 case, which has a FANTASTIC interior layout, sliding drive rails, and many more great features, only one problem:

It looks like crap.

0,1425,sz=1&i=6893,00.jpg

I already removed the bezel on the front, so you can no longer tell it is a compaq, but it still doesn't look too nice. My plan was to paint the front plastic piece black, cut a circular window in the side, and then put green cathodes inside, to give it an alien look, which will go well with its bulbous design.

What do you guys think?

Dex

Chuck a few Side Intake LEN 120MM fans in it then it will look cool... Maybe spraypaint it black too... Matt Black

I don't want to put fans in it, I am installing watercooling, so that would be a bit overkill.

I don't want to paint it black either, because that would entail taking everything out, which I also do not want to do.

buy a new case....lol...
but for real-
paint the exterior gloss green or matte green.
cut a window in the side and replace with plexi glass and use a rubber edge trimming kit.
get some green cold cathodes.
and it will look decent.

o and btw-
thats one of the smallest atx mid tower cases around.....its gonna be hella hard to put a full watercooling system in it....unless you run it outside....but hmm...thats gunna be a challenge to fit inside of the case....what Watercool system are you planning on using??

Thermaltake Bigwater 754. I am buying it from a friend.

I know I could buy a new case, but I think this one would be fun to mod.

I really do not want to repaint the whole thing, I honestly like the simple looks of beige boxes, but I may have to gut it and repaint it, who knows.

And I do not mind the size or looks, I do not have enough money to buy a new case, and in reality, this one looks just fine.

New design:

I am going to cut around the pull out handle, create an external watercooling box, and paint the front panel red, leaving the side panels white.

I will also use lexan for the window, and epoxy it to the inside of the case, and etch some kind of logo into it, most likely the ToV logo, but who knows.

I have a few of these old case's around the studio here, From stripped pc's that I done a few year's back.

I only messed around with one of the cases, An done as you did to date. But it's still stripped all out in a closest.
Everything I'd like to build in the case, It seem's to be to small to hold what I'd like to put in them so, They've been left in the closest.
Who know's, Maybe in the near week's, I'll get some small build order's, An have a chance to use them cases.

I too would like to see the idea's for this case. The case itself is nice. Just to small for my need's.

I think I am going to design it so the WC parts hang off the sides of the case, and only the tubes are inside.

Work begins tonight, I will keep you guys posted.

Defiinitely got some good ideas from that thread. I appreciate it. Now I gotta watch it until it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom