out of options

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
I have been working on this e machine for quite some time now. It just wont start up, I had it figured to be a bad mothboard. So we got a new one and installed it it started up once but not again. It could be a bad power supply that is surging or something and killing. ??? I dont know, Tried using a different power switch to see if that is the problem and have tried not using a switch at all still same results.

I don't know what else to do, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lance

more details than "it just won't start up" please.

is the monitor coming on? Is it beeping? can you get to the bios? is it locking up during windows load? do you hit the power button and absolutely nothing turns on? do you hit the power button and only fans start spinning?

Absolutely nothing, like there is no power. Right now I'm going through the different pins on the power supply with a electrical tester to see if I can find the problem. But so far no luck. Also am using a good power supply just in case that was the problem, it wasn't

Well I already RMA'd the first mobo figuring it was its fault. I rma'd that one because it would not recognize any monitor with the onboard video.

Now this motherboard just won't start up at all. no motherboard lights no nothing.

it's mobo, proc or psu. Test the PSU, typically by getting one you know works and seeing if that fixes. If it's not the PSU it's mobo or proc. Since you have the issue on 2 motherboards in a row (Possible but unlikely) I'd lay blame on the proc itself.

If it were anything else, you'd get fans at the very least.

Edit: oh different problems with each mobo, I missed that post. Prolly look into mobo if the PSU is okay in that case. Motherboards have defects 10x more often than processors.

there was a tutorial on here somewhere that never got stickied. brb, GOOGLE HERE I COME!!! lol

PSU1.jpg

same goes for 24pin, just imagine the other 4 pins on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom