1000 dollars to spend on upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudlite

Beta member
Hey guys i need to upgrade a computer of mine and i need some advice. Current specs are:

Dell dimension 3000

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHZ

Memory: 254mb ram

Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition

Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Memory 96 mb

That is the basic specs of it.

I have 1000 dollars to spend on upgrades and i need advice on exactly what parts i should get. I definately need more ram and a new graphics card. Not sure if the processor is ok. Thanks alot if you need any more info about it just tell me and ill post it. Thnx

It's not worth upgrading that. You can build something way better by starting from scratch.

Yeah, with a thousand dollars you could just build something new that would kill what you have now hands down.

upgrading dell = buying premuim gas for a pinto

upgrading dell = Bic lighter + $1000

upgrading dell... well you get the picture

Either way that PC needs more ram LOL, buy at least a 512meg stick and you'll see a performance enhancement

I agree with everyone else.. i'd just buy a brand new computer. What do you use your computer for?

Editing, graphic design.. and it just cant handle any of the programs im using. Im off to university in a month so im gonna need to get a good computer. I may increase my budget to 1500 could someone please post a complete custom made system around 1500 that could handle latest editing programs, high end graphics and maybe gaming (WoW) thnx

There was another post I believe I just read where a user had a $14-$1500 budget. A total techie pimped him out.. links to all the parts and ALL. Tiiiiiiiight riiiiiiight?!

Its Title is "Price Range up to $1400".

(in 2 days my brand new pc will be completed on my $1700 dollar budget. that's pc only, already have all perihperals) :D

Lol this makes me laugh but yeah...you could build a better system than that with $300. (celerons are horrible by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom