Direct X10

Status
Not open for further replies.
the way i understand it is DX10 is a total overhaul of the API and is not compatible, they may have games that can use both but i dont think that you can upgrade the DX version of your card like you could in the past. i may be wrong though.

Indeed, the hardware needs to be changed significantly for it to be DX10-compliant. Same with the OS, DX10 will never work on XP, there would need to be a major overhaul of the OS, and its not practical since MS is already working on the new OS.

yup to run dx10 you will need a dx10 card and vista, and don't say that dx9.0l crap, its just dx9.0c running in vista, also vista drivers suck. and even prison tycoon 2 doesn't run in vista, i know some games do like urban assault, rise of legends, empire earth, empire earth art of conquest, and emperor battle for dune, yeah these are my favorite games

Yeah, the DX9 shots certainly look to make the game look impressive, but the DX10 shots are a whole different experience from the looks of it. Totally worth it, IMO.

Totally worth $450?? lol :D as of now anyway. There are supposed to be much more affordable dx10 cards available soon. That way more people will be able to afford dx10.

If you're spending similar hundreds of dollars on a DX9 videocard, then yes, it IS worth the $450 to get a DX10 videocard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom