Mushkin 650 W Power supply? maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pullyalater

Baseband Member
Okay
my system is awesome. I love it.
I built it about 6-8 mo's ago and its been running strong and great video/gameplay.
anyways my problem is that when I have my computer off there is a odd humm/pause/humm noise coming from the power supply.
I cannot turn the computer on when it does this.
It starts the humm cycle after about 10 seconds of having been plugged into AC and it will not pwr on.
The only solution I have found is a workaround but it gets me going again and works fine.
I have to Power on the computer within the first 10 seconds of being powered by the AC.
Any Suggestions? Comments?

Thank You!

Switch out the power supply? Did it have a warranty? It sounds like perhaps the power supply has gone bad.

Have you dusted it lately? Maybe dust is gumming it up?

I would get a new psu, because i would not trust my computer to a psu like you just described. Maybe an antec...

getting a power supply tester asap forgot to get one today but i will make sure it is the issue. I have ran 3dmark06 and pcmark05 and everything looks the same as before so it somthing with a switch or a capacitor in the PSU i have contacted the manufacturer but they have yet to reply to me (mushkin)

its not dust
i keep my pc clean
have to in AZ dust is horrible

if i need to get a new one i want modular and a good wattage. the 1900xtx is a power who2e.
antec what... havent seen anything from them that i like for my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom