| Check My C2D Rig |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well IIRC the lower level g80 cards should be coming out pretty soon and the Ati R600 comes out 1/22/2007. And here in the states a 8800gts is already down to $400 so I don't think it will be long.

Ouch.

Still I think R600 will bring the price down a little and more importanly a lower end 8 series card will probably come out and fit your budget while still being a beast.
It doesn't take a long time for stuff to come to Australia does it?

Hmm..I don't think it's too bad with computer parts, but we are certainly behind. Someone else might be able to answer that for me.

Thanks for your help mate. I think I might have to wait a while before that card comes down to my limit, so it seems like the 7600GT might be a good option.

Well, just so you know, the 7600GT still delivers. I play Battlefield 2 with everything maxed on 1024x768. I'm sure the card will last for the next few months.

Another thing. I've been reading through some threads and I'm wondering if I should go for Gigabyte 965P-DS3 mobo over the Asus P5B Deluxe. I have heard it's just as good, but it's a lot cheaper...thoughts?

The P5B has 2 PCIe 16x slots, but the chipset doesn't support SLI or Xfire (maybe with some 3rd-party tweak later on). The P5B Deluxe/Wifi comes a wireless adapter, if you need one. Finally, the P5B uses a heatpipe system to cool the northbridge. Other than that, they're very similar boards. Both motherboards are excellent overclockers, and of course are high-quality.

I see no real advantage of the P5B over the DS3. Come to think of it, I should've ordered a DS3 and saved some bucks :). Well the P5B is black and does look cooler, but it's not worth the extra $30.

Hmm...thanks for that. So I suppose it's just on what brand/price I want because they are both pretty much the same, except for the SLI/Crossfire, which I don't think I would use anyway.

I'm still deciding on a graphics card. It depends on when I wanna upgrade I suppose.
Where does a X1900Pro rank in terms of Nvidia cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom