Need help on choosing PC PARTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliminator

Baseband Member
Can somebody help me build a computer for up to $1400? Just list the parts please :]

Thanks in advance :]

The prototype config ran up to $1470 so I had to cut down the motherboard from P5B Deluxe to P5B-E, had to reduce the case from a TT Tsunami, and had to take the HDD down from a 320GB version. It was tempting to reduce the processor to a E6400, but I tried to keep that in.

Indeed, this seems to be the sweet spot of the budgets for a high-end rig. Admittedly, you could go with an E6300/E6400 and overclock it and still get excellent CPU performance, and then go with an 8800GTX. Just depends on your personal preferences.

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 - $193.

Video card - eVGA GeForce 8800GTX - $590.

That would bring the total to $1406.

dang Tri way to be a soldier, always helping everyone out.

To tell the truth i would not have had to time to link all that out.

But thats an excellent build for the price. it doesn't get any better. and i would stick with the 8800gts personally. as the gts will handle everything thrown at it as it is. The e6300 is a great cpu, either way the e6600 or e6300 still a great build.

Cable internet and crackpot knowledge of what to type into Newegg's search engine speeds things up, lol.

I have no life. :(

This is great, an answer to a question I didn't even get to ask yet. :) I'm in ~ the same price range and at first I was considering buying a pc from Vicious that has an E6400 processor and a 7950GT for over $1500, after finding this forum and looking at this thread I'm thinking I might as well bite the bullet and do a build for the first time and get more bang for my buck. [ECHO] everybody's doin' it doin' it doin' it, it'll make you feel good good good [/ECHO]

I'm wondering about a few ideas I got off of their build choices that I don't see here (and I realize there was a $1400 cap).

They were using a board with SLI and I was thinking at some time in the future with that board I could add a second video card (when they're cheap) and get a 50% increase in power without having to give top $ for whatever the newest greatest card is.

Also they were running a raid 0 setup, would it be worth buying two drives and doing this (I keep my data on a slave so I don't care if I loose the data on the OS drives because of one bad drive in a raid 0 setup), or is it better to go with a 10,000RPM drive or not worry about any of it because it's possibly a small gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom