Intel Hard-Launches Three New Quad-Core CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i know about my name/avatar thing. My favorite car was a ferrari 550 maranello until I decided to change my mind when I saw one of these beautiful cars in LA. Unfortunately I can't change my name :(

Back on topic: Dario thanks for the find. I think that the q6600 will rate a little lower than the fx-74s. But that's just a guess.

Hey, even if it does, atleast it doesn't cost $1100. Plus the $430 for the motherboard. Not to mention the electric bill that you're doing to incur with that thing running at twice the power consumption of anything else.

I just want to see how a retail Q6600 overclocks. Anything over 3Ghz, and its worth it. :p

im gonna git one jk actually i read some reveiws and it says qx6700 is not better but worse than the x6800 a some games?

Ot what i really want to see is a cell in a VAIO then i may buy one why hasn't sony thought of this?

TheEnd187 said:
im gonna git one jk actually i read some reveiws and it says qx6700 is not better but worse than the x6800 a some games?

Ot what i really want to see is a cell in a VAIO then i may buy one why hasn't sony thought of this?

The reason the QX6700 didn't really perform better than the X6800 in gaming, is because games are not designed for quad-core, yet.

TheEnd187 said:

Yeah, it would be. Most games still don't take advantage of multiple cores, so clockspeed is still king. 2.93Ghz would beat 2.66Ghz in most games, no matter how many cores. Heck, if Intel comes out with a 3Ghz+ Core 2 Solo, that'd still be better than some of these multicore processors.

Crysis lead designer, Cevat Yerli;

"We have already implemented within CryEngine 2 our multicore technology, so out of the box Crysis does configure itself toward single-core, dual-core, quad-core, or multicore configurations alongside DX9, 10, XP, Vista, 32 bit, and 64 bit."

TheEnd187 said:

Well the cell chip in the Ps3 isn't really designed for computer use. Its cores aren't complex or something like that...

TriEclipse said:
Hey, even if it does, atleast it doesn't cost $1100. Plus the $430 for the motherboard. Not to mention the electric bill that you're doing to incur with that thing running at twice the power consumption of anything else.

I just want to see how a retail Q6600 overclocks. Anything over 3Ghz, and its worth it. :p

yeah i wonder too. it does figure that the qx6700 whould put a hurtin on the fx-74.
but i wonder if it was a 500 dollar whoopin? dang, i mean it costs twice as much. dont think it performed twice as good, but i'm sure it's insanely good.
whats the price gonna be on the q6600? anybody have an idea?
i think it would probably only be worth the extra money if it is maybe 1-200 dollars more than fx-74.
it seems that it would be foolish to spend that much for technology that isnt currently widely used, that could be totally outdated by the time it is widely used.
does that make sense lol? we all know how the old keep-up game goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom