680sli Mobo Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
even so if sli isn't all it's hyped up to be don't you think that the mobo has alot of good features, not even pertaining to sli and OCing. I have seen where they have compared it to other mobos some sli and some regular and this one really stands out both for it's design, features and future upgradeable capabilities. Dude be honest if the price wasn't really an issue would you yes or no, get this mobo for it's features and future upgrade ability. Seriously level with me if the price wasn't an issue not even thinking about sli also.

"if price wasnt an issua" you **** right i would get one
but that doesnt matter thats like saying if price didnt matter would you get an intel e6600 or QX6700 of course your going to get the quad core

they are good boards they a very nice boards
i just dont see why people would get them (if they arent doing sli) when you can get a board 50-100 bucks cheaper that will have the same features as it does

intel just came out with the 965 chipset with core 2, it still has alot of life left in it just as the 975 chipset

i mean i look at what your going to get and i see a really pricey high end mobo and then 1 gig of ram and a mid ranged video card.
no offense but ive seen so many threads started by you asking questions on your rig and what to buy and get and i honestly doubt you will ever go sli, which is good because its pretty pointless for most people.
so why not get a really nic board that has all the features you need and save 100 bucks to go towards a better video card or another gig of ram

IMO if price didn't matter I would get either a P5B deluxe or a P5W deluxe because of the Wifi. Also, The 680i's run hot and I never plan on SLI'ing. Dont get me wrong, the 680i's are good for overclocking and what not, but I dont plan on running a e6600 at 4.2 or anything. Besides, I just installed a p5b deluxe for a friend and I didn't have to do anything with the bios, worked right out of the box. I might update it later, but it was still a hassle I didnt have to go threw at the time.

dude plus there are some issues with both of the mobos you told me about, like the onboard sound not being too good and other issues (the same time I am going to buy a sound card even when I am not planning to buy it would add up to the same price as this mobo in total ). I my opinion they are two good mobo but to suffer with crappy sound man thats an problem

yes but with a bios update the sound quality is fixed
and for the price of a 680i board you can get an asus p5b and a really nice sound card
there isnt a board out there that has better sound then a $80 xfi

MurdaX said:
dude plus there are some issues with both of the mobos you told me about, like the onboard sound not being too good and other issues (the same time I am going to buy a sound card even when I am not planning to buy it would add up to the same price as this mobo in total ). I my opinion they are two good mobo but to suffer with crappy sound man thats an problem

Well since you'r argueing with how awesome the evga motherboard is compared to everything else, why don't you just get it. You Obviously know more about it then anyone trying to give you input. It seams like you'r looking more for people to agree with you then actual advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom