Another first-time builder - please look at my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I just think they should have then tested the same build with the 400 watt fortron After they said it would work in the article.

I just thought it to be interesting that they didn't within the same article.
:p

They never mentioned that the 400W Forton would work in the DailyTech article, that was my own pick. And they weren't trying to prove anything about needing lower-wattage PSUs with the 321W consumed, they just wanted to see how much power the card pulled. To my knowledge, no major reviewer has ever touched upon the PSU issue, save for the one Inquirer chap that I quoted later in the sticky.

definatly get the p5b over the ds3
its a better board go read some reviews, and not the ones from newegg either go to good sites like [H]ard, tomshardware, dailytech, etc.

Thread has been cleaned up. Warnings are being sent.

Either grow up or get off of TF.

Thanks Trotter.

Any opinions on the E6600 vs. the e6400. I have done some searches on this forum and the Hard forum, and from what I found it appears that the E6600 might not be worth the extra $100. I would appreciate any comments.

Both processors overclock to similar final resting places, even with the E6300's significantly lower starting clockspeed. The difference at that point becomes the extra 2MB L2 cache on the E6600, which may or may not provide extra performance in applications. Testing done shows that in some cases the extra cache makes quite a bit of difference (up to 20%), while other times, the cache doesn't make any difference at all in the performance.

I just received all my parts from NewEgg. I will be building the computer tonight. Any advice for me as a I start and hopefully complete my build tonight?

I have been trying to build this computer for the last 6 hours. I can't get the computer to turn on. I have plugged everything in (at least I think) taken everything off and then tried again. The only thing I get when I plug in the computer is the green led on the motherboard. The computer won't turn on and none of the fans spin. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom