My first casemod! P180!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did you do with those plans!

sir, that is an idea i had been toying with... and i believe it will soon come to fruition... yes....

loll...

switches

i got them at walmart, and paid WAY too much for em, but thats because i wanted them at 1 am last night to do the mod... lol..

they're a LOT cheaper other places, especially online. pretty standard switch; simple on/off with red led

more progess and a plea for help

ok, so more progess has been made on my first self biult pc- pics of window et al soon, and lights are being worked on, too.

My question is about the led toggle switches i got to use with my led strips. the have 3 poles on the back, so 2 + and one ground, but i cant seem to get them going right
i have the 12+ coming from the light to the p.s. with the switch in the middle of that. the ground goes from the light to part of the switch back to the ground in the 4pin molex

niether way works. once i got some sort of spark by the molex and i almost messed my pants, so i put it away until im 100% sure of this.

I ran the + through the switch and the - directly to the molex and it worked fine- the switch's led came on and so did the strip, but the strip was very dim.

what is the correct way to wire these?

nee

Re: switches

jessehclark said:
i got them at walmart, and paid WAY too much for em, but thats because i wanted them at 1 am last night to do the mod... lol..

they're a LOT cheaper other places, especially online. pretty standard switch; simple on/off with red led

LOL, you poor soul, you were at Wally World at 1am.

......what is this world coming to?

lol, i dont know... especially since I thought to myself, "man, this is retarded... i do NOT NEEED led switches right now. i could wait till tomorrow... people are gonna think im wierd..."

then I saw people buying things like... car air fresheners, magazines, and q-tips... all with the same sense of urgency...

*sigh* lol

anyways, any help on these stupid switches? i dont know what the **** I'm doing wrong..

I believe that the led in the switches is consuming 2.8 volts from the led inside and thus only providing 9.2 volts to the lighting strip.

I had this issue before when i was tinkering around with an led switch powering some led fans. After running it through said switch the leds would be very dim and the fan wouldn't even rotate. This was running off a nine volt battery mind you so the fan was only getting 6.2 volts at best.

If anything, I think thats whats causing your problem

so, what was your solution? simply not use those switches? is there a way to limit the voltage being used? i mean, this would be an issue for any electrical application, so, how the heck do these switches work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom