will this hurt the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I work on computers and its winter right now. i take them home sometimes or my parents bring some of there co workers computers home for me to work on. Any way my dad allways tells me to wait for the computer to get to room temperature. Do i have to?

The Brand of computers I see the most are DELLS. And there not pretty. Dust on the front and all over the back and don't mention about the inside. My 3 computers are dust free. Dells just aren't that good. Dust stops the airflow so its not that great so parts can overheat and slow down your computer as well.

Umm i dont think it would hurt them if you work on them right when you get them.

yeah but it was out in the cold in my dads car for 2 days and its cold. do i have to wait for it to warm up?

Norcent said:
yeah but it was out in the cold in my dads car for 2 days and its cold. do i have to wait for it to warm up?

I would. Though I'm not sure.

The only reason I say so is because I usually leave my breadboard for my circuits class in my car (in the winter, sometimes), and sometimes when I hook up the oscilloscope to the board, to see capacitor charge/discharge, I don't get what Im always looking for. After a few min, then I do.

Truthfully, i have no idea whether it would hurt it or not. I assume it would work like a battery. Gets cold, if cold enough it won't provide power, so you have to wait until it gets warm enough to provide power. I'd let it get to room temperature. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two, i'm assuming.

dust accumulates because of what you have in the room of the computer. My computer have a ridiculous amount of dust so i clean them out every few months, but the reason i have alot of dust is becuase i have a carpet and a wool blanket, making it a very dusty area.

I have my computers in my basement and my dad has 3 dells down with my computers. The dells are very dusty where mine are nice and clean. I have to clean the dells at least once a month or once every other month. My computers i havn't had to clean out yet and i had 2 of them for about 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom