CPU Temperature fluctuations, mmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twalc6

Solid State Member
Hey! I'm new to these forums, but I've got a lot of questions to ask about my gaming rig...

My (2-year old) AMD 64 3000+ 2.0GHz CPU with a Copper Zalman CPU Fan/Heatsink has been having some strange temperature fluctuations in the past few months; according to BIOS and CoreCenter, the temperature is usually ~45 degrees idle and ~60 at full load with a 30 degree system temperature... However, after cleaning the heatsink yesterday, it dropped back down to about 24 degrees with a 22 degree system temperature. Now, this morning when I turned the computer on, the temperature shot back up again to the same temperature as before - any ideas on the cause? It worries and annoys me sometimes, as the temperature drops down so low randomly - Help!

I appreciate your time and effort.

cleaning the heatsink and the fan is one thing but have u replaced the thermal paste on the heatsink/cpu?

did you remove the heatsink from the cpu when you cleaned it? if so you need to clean of the old paste and put some fresh on.

Aight.... Now I'm confused.

So I cleaned and reapplied thermal paste yesterday, and it seemed to work wonders - the temperature read ~22-27 degrees for about a day. Same situation though - now, I can't get it below 47 at idle, and it's kinda worrying - which reading do you think is right?

22-27c on idle because 47 doesnt sound right, ur sensors might of gone wrong. mine runs around 30c on idle , but 47? doesnt make sense! How much RPM is ur cpu fan running at? and check if ur heatsink is in good contact with the Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom