Big DVD Burning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimer5

Beta member
First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone. I'm glad a friend of mine showed this forum to me and I hope to receive a lot of help from here.

Okay, a couple of weeks ago, a weird message began to pop up as I began to burn a DVD. The message:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/JunnyLudLoafBug/error.jpg

At first, I thought my external Mad Dog burner was finally crapping out. I attempted to install the latest driver, but it stopped half way through. I explained this to my father and we went out and bought a new Sony burner. After setting it up and such, the same problem occurred. This led us to believe the problem is with my computer (eMachines T2984). We talked online with eMachines support and they told us to restart the system BIOS. After successfully completing that, we were able to burn one DVD, then the error began again afterwards. We talked again with their support and they said to do a system restore. After successfully completing that, the error still showed. Many discs have been wasted and I am getting very upset. Another weird thing is that the DVD actually starts burning sometimes, but then gets spit out at around 15% completion. The only thing we can think of now is to re-install Windows, but I would hate to do that since my computer has so much more stuff than when I did my last backup, and I'm afraid if I did another backup, the problem would go with it.

I am requesting ANY help or ANY suggestion at all. I really want to fix this weird and unusual problem. My computer has been used for DVD burning for a long time and I am confused why this problem would just now start.

Thank you very much.

P.S. I understand most things about computers, but keeping your answers simplified would be preferred :)

Have you tried another DVD authoring program? If not, it wouldn't make sense to use the ones that keeps giving you problems :(

M4A1 said:
Have you tried another DVD authoring program? If not, it wouldn't make sense to use the ones that keeps giving you problems :(

Yes, I have tried one other program and it just never started burning.

Bruce said:
What type of file is that?

Have you tried different files?

they're full dvd's im trying to burn (VIDEO_TS folders)

also, now, after resetting the BIOS, it wont work even for one dvd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom