AMD Processor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fokz

Baseband Member
k, so I am going to be building myself a new computer within the next month or so. I'm only in grade 11, so I would like to try and build a computer with the best performance with a decent cost. I'm looking around about $700.00 canadian. At first I really wanted to get the Athlon 64 3000+, the price is amazing, although still quite steep for myself. I'm now looking in to the Athlon XP 2800+ or the Athlon XP 3000+ (If I were to get the Athlon XP, would I notice much of a difference in the 2800+ versus the 3000+). Or do you think that it would be best to save a little longer and go for the Athlon 64?

Also, what do you recommend for a good mother board to run these processors?? Thx.

-Fokz

Go for the 64! I think you'll be happier in the long run.

As for a motherboard, I like the ASUS brand, but i think it's mainly personal prefference.

This is your first computer and Athlon XP's are great for the money;) No you won't see much of a difference between the 2800+ and 3000+, and probably not much of a difference between them and the AMD64:confused: They may sound horrible in the benchies, but in real world situations they are great, only problem is they are on the way out, but it'll keep you up to date for 1-2 years;)

I'd go for the 2800+ and spend more on the GFX card if your a gamer;)

Thanks. This isn't my first computer, but my first custom build. I think that the 2800+ will do me fine, that way I will be able to spend more on ram, and GFX card like you said. I may consider the 3000+ still since it is only 40 dollars more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom