720p vs 1080i

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
I am sure there are posts out there about which one is better but I don't understand those posts because of all the complicated terms of words. Ahaha.

I just want to know which gives better display. 720p or 1080i.
AND PLEASE, DON'T USE COMPLICATED TERMS LIKE PROGRESSIVE AND INTERLACE. Who cares? I just want to know which gives better display.

Thanks in advance.

Okay. Thanks bmx. I realize 720p displays better in fast motion so I guess I'll change to 720p if I decide to watch sports or something.

Well the 720 is progressive. The 1080 is interlaced. I would go with the 720p.

Yep 1080I is interlaced If im not incorrect saying so i think Its Vertical Pixels then Horizontal Pixels. So yes slower for sports and will give tearing affect. 720P is constant Hi-Def Pixels But Not as high resolution. 720P has been arguably the better contender.

Im not sure about canada but im pretty Sure American TV Fox network broadcast in full 1080P Progressive, which is far better but you will not see quiet as good performance increase from Normal tv to 720P Because of The Law of Diminishing Returns :p.

So If you can get 1080P do that, But otherwise 720P is the way to go.

Any Further questions about anything Next Gen Tv ask me. :p

Neither do we .... The UK has only just (literally past 3 - 4 months) upgraded SKY Broadcasting network to stream 720P, Still only 12 channels support it though :p.

Japan has had 1080P for over 10 years now.....
and they have 100Mbit Broadband.

1080 is better than 720.... Its just like resolutions with your monitor, the higher it gets the smaller everything get but also appears alot better... this is a worry if you are seeing a pixelised image on your screen.. go for 1080i

You have to understand interlaced and progressive before deciding "DIS TV IS BETTR!!!11"

Interlace runs two scans. First one displays all the odd number lines of pixels. The second scan then displays all the even number lines of pixels. It's much slower than progressive.

Progressive displays the lines of pixels one by one down the line.

Simple answer: #p > #i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom